Hayward Sand Filter

Ok everyone,

I am opening my pool up and obviously its a mess. My gauge on my sand filter says that the PSI is at 45. I bought the new gauge last year so I am not sure if it is faulty. This is my 3rd summer in the house and I am wondering if it is needing the sand replaced? The flow from the jet in the pool is weaker than normal in the "filter" mode. I put it on "recirculate" on the filter to bypass so I can get the pool clear first. The flow from the pump is normal in this mode. Any thoughts?

Thank you

Hello and welcome ! :wave: Low water flow and a high pressure readings are indicative of algae in the water. Can you tell us the following please:
- Appearance of the water (crystal clear, hazy, puff of green when you brush, etc)
- How you test the water
- How you chlorinate
- Provide a full set of results as follows:
FC
CC
CYA
PH
TA
CH

Also make sure to update your profile signature with all of your pool and equipment info. It will help us later. Nice to have you with us.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, are you on a well?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.