Hayward salt chlorinator not working

Columbine

May 27, 2021
Mass
Hi all, opened pool (new home for us so this is all new) a few weeks back and the Hayward Salt Chlorinator is not working, runs for about 30 secs and then the "check salt" and "check cell" light come on. I plan on removing and cleaning the cell, including an acid wash, today now that I have the stand for it. Any other tips, suggestions? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!
Do not wash the cell with acid unless you absolutely must. Try a strong spray of water first to get any scale build off out of the plates. Acid eats at the metal coating in the SWCG and reduces the overall life of the SWCG.
Do you have a water chemistry test kit and salinity test kit? If so, post up the numbers. If not, you need both. I suggest the TF-100 and Taylor K1766. Or get a TFPro Salt as that kit has all you need.
A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to the forum!
Do not wash the cell with acid unless you absolutely must. Try a strong spray of water first to get any scale build off out of the plates. Acid eats at the metal coating in the SWCG and reduces the overall life of the SWCG.
Do you have a water chemistry test kit and salinity test kit? If so, post up the numbers. If not, you need both. I suggest the TF-100 and Taylor K1766. Or get a TFPro Salt as that kit has all you need.
A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
Thank you sir! I've ordered the TF100 kit and have had the water tested multiple times and adjusted it accordingly. The salt level is good and has been since opening. The display on the salt chlorinator just reads 1500 without ever changing, despite the fact that my salt is in the 3200 range. I'll try the hose cleaning and see how it goes, is there any reset of the system I could also try (I have held down the button to reset it but to no avail)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.