Manitoba, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Hayward Salt & Swim 3C
Title pretty much says it: Hayward Salt and Swim 3C - Good? or Bad?

Price point is obviously attractive.

Based on what I've read, cell life is on the lower end? Pool gets used 3 months-ish up here. Open for 4-5 months. Drained over winter.

For reference, price up here for the system is $720, on sale currently $620.
Replacement cells are $450, sale $270.
(Best price I have found up here for liquid chlorine is $7/5L ($7/1.32 us gal). I average 1.5-2 L per day over 5 months. More in July, less in May/Sept, obviously. Around $400 per year for liquid.)

If I have to budget for a new cell each season ($270), would take 6-7 years to pay for the initial system (@ $100 per year) just to break even. The big advantage, of course, being less hassle with chemicals.

Andrew

Some prior threads....

According to Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features | DSP the 3C generates 0.98 lbs of chlorine/day. For your 15,0000 gallon pool you would need to run it at 100% for 9 hours to generate 3 ppm of chlorine.

Yes, I've read some previous threads. Reviews seem pretty mixed.

Not worried about run time, as there is a pump running 12+ hours/day for the solar heaters.

Andrew

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.