Hayward S310T2 Filter Standpipe Length

kernst

Apr 13, 2015
Tulsa, OK
We are in the process of having the stone coping replaced with a stamped concrete coping. Of course this means lots of "garbage" in the pool. When all is said and done, after the pool clears up, I plan on replacing the sand in our Hayward S310T2 filter. I'm going to also replace the laterals and standpipe assembly as well as the multi-port valve on top. All of which are a little over 6 years old and were poorly maintained by the previous owner.

I ordered the valve and lateral assembly, they arrived today. The lateral assembly is listed as the SX310DA2 and is advertised as being a 31-inch standpipe. Upon measuring the assembly it is exactly 30-inches top to bottom, including the black later line assembly at the bottom. Is that correct? It came in an unopened Hayward box with the correct part number on it. I just don't want to be halfway through a sand change and find out it's an inch short.

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
Kurt

kernst

Apr 13, 2015
Tulsa, OK
I emailed Hayward tech support and they said that while I do have the correct part number, SX310DA2, that the assembly should indeed be 31" tall. They suggested I contact the retailer (Amazon) to get the part exchanged for the correct part.

I plan to change out the sand this weekend. I'll measure the existing standpipe assembly when I remove it. Worst case I'll "engineer" the standpipe with a coupler and a lil more 2" sched 40 PVC. I'll update this thread with my findings.

kernst

Apr 13, 2015
Tulsa, OK
Follow up...

We removed the old sand from filter and removed the old lateral/standpipe assembly. I measured it at 29.5 inches. It appears there's a little leeway in the height of the standpipe, so I wasn't so concerned about using the 30 inch assembly I received. We installed the new 30 inch assembly, added pea gravel and sand, new multi-port valve, reattached PVC pipes, back-washed, and then filtered as normal. Everything works perfect.

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
K Pumps, Filters, and Plumbing 0
C Pumps, Filters, and Plumbing 0
J Pool Cleaners 0

Other Threads of Interest