Hayward S310S - Vari-Flow Valve Replacement Handle

familytr33

Bronze Supporter
Apr 4, 2016
South East USA
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase the handle only for a side-mount vari-flo valve on a Hayward S310S sand filter.

Mine has cracked and is about to fully break.

I can only find the entire valve available assembly online.

Thanks,

ft.

Sorry for delay... happy ending here...

I believe the valve number is SP715X62 but the circular label is too faded to say for sure.

Anyway, Hayward part SPX0710FL worked great to fix this handle. Both old and new handles show Patent Number 333-341.

(n)(n) to Hayward who would not confirm the parts are the same and told me to contact a dealer.

Replacement was easy...

I retained the valve at 12 O'Clock, 'Filter' position and tapped out the existing pin using a star-ended screwdriver and hammer.

I wiped down the pin and replaced it into the new handle, using a little Rem Oil for lubrication. Note the pin is wider at one end so the narrower end should be inserted first.

A few more taps and job was complete. It took about 5 minutes in total to get this monkey-of-3-years off my back :)

Thanks for the suggestions,

ft.

Reactions: JamesW
FWIW I just repalced another couple parts on this Hayward S310S filter.

When I removed the handle I realized the rotating nylon washer (they call it a bearing) underneath was broken. So I have just replaced that with Vari-Flo Valve Non-Metallic Bearing part number SPX0710Z16 which seems like a perfect fit.

Also the round sticker to show where the handle's pointing was very faded. I replaced with Hayward Sand Filter Valve Label Plate Sticker SPX0715G. Fits perfectly. I was unable to get the old sticker off but cleaned its surface thoroughly with rubbing alcohol. There is a notch at 3 o'clock on the label which keys with the filter so I stuck that side down first and worked right-to-left. The 3M adhesive on the new label was very strong and it seems to be holding great.

The reason I am posting is because I was unable to confirm these part numbers fit the S310S filter for sure, but I can confirm they all seem to fit fine.

ft.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.