Odum Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Brand new Hayward pump installed today. It has a high pitched ring. It almost hurts your ears if you're standing to close. Any ideas? Surely it's not a bearing...it's brand new! Any help is appreciated.

What model number pump?

Is it a VS pump?

Post pics of the pump installation.

Brand new Hayward pump installed today. It has a high pitched ring. It almost hurts your ears if you're standing to close. Any ideas? Surely it's not a bearing...it's brand new! Any help is appreciated.
also have super pump xe i believe the sound is the electronics used to make the motor operate the only way to change the speed of an AC motor is by varying the frequency. this is done by electronics on the drive module i swapped out motors under warranty and the new one is the same i recognize the sound from working on machine tools that also had VFD's although they were in enclosed cabinets, not sure what to do other than to cover the pump with some type of enclosure

Surely it's not a bearing...it's brand new!
Probably a bearing or seal.

In my opinion, the quality seems to be dropping on everything as the prices continue to rise.

In my opinion, manufacturers switch to lower quality parts to save a few bucks on every unit.

If you make 1 million units, that's a few million dollars and you seem like a genius.

As a bonus, the product fails in half the time and you sell twice as many.

The manufacturers are not worried that you will buy from a different manufacturer when you realize their schemes because they have already bought up most independent manufacturers and the one or two other big manufacturers are doing the exact same thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.