CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
The power cable coming off my Hayward Pump currently lays across a 3-foot grass strip to the power outlet. The issue is it is a tripping hazard not to mention I have to unplug it every time I mow. I was thinking about burying a 2-inch conduit just to pass the cord through and waterproofing it so rain does not get trapped within in. My initial thought is not being a fan of the idea but have not thought of any other way to "hide" the cord. Any suggestions?

Well, there's the DIY (no one will know) way, then there's the correct (NEC) way. Ideally, you may be better served to ditch the convenient cord, trench down the proper depth, the run conductors (lines) in conduit from the pump to an outlet. If you tried to just use the same cord, not only would it not go the proper depth, but the lower you go the shorter your cord becomes.

Hardwire from the house to a water resistant outlet by the pump location.

I currently have a 100 foot home run from the house where I installed an AFCI/GFCI breaker to an GFCI outlet already. It is the pump to the outlet where the issue lies and wanting to "hide" the pumps electrical wire.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.