Hayward prologic P4 - heater and timers

Btccan

May 24, 2019
Toronto
Hi, came across this forum recently, a lot of great information.

I’m running all Hayward pool equipment with the Prologic AquaConnect P4. We’ve had the system for 5 years and the one item I can’t solve for is how to run the pump overnight but turn off the heater via a timer. While you can set up to 4 timers, I’ve never figured how to turn heater off automatically. We live in Toronto and occasionally I forget to turn heater off manually over night in spring/fall.

I’ve figured most things out, this one has stumped me.

Appreciate any advice and happy to provide advice on my experience with Hayward equipment, using:

- pro logic P4
- Tristar 950 pump (recent replacement)
- AquaConnect mobile app (gave up on remote 1 month in!)
- 2 actuators, 1 for sheer decent, 1 for jets by pool

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see if this bump gets you any responses. I am not familiar with Hayward automation.

Can you set up different programs for operation and the overnight one not have the heater enabled?

unfortunately the timers don’t have an option to turn on/off heater. I also tried upping the minimum pump speed for the heater to come on and then dropped my overnight speed below that, but it had the reverse effect. The system forced the pump to run at the minimum heater required speed vs running at a lower speed with the heater off ( which I had hoped).

Huh, my Easytouch I can set up what are called Feature Circuits that can customize things like that.

Have you tried using the search function in the forum? Be sure to select G for the best results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.