Hayward Prologic high salt/amps fix

Unclefes

Jun 17, 2022
O'Fallon, Illinois
I have a 12-year old Hayward Prologic that at open this year began giving me the high salt/amps error and was not generating any chlorine. Salt level was reading 3100 ppm, but any time I'd activate the chlorinator, the check system light would come on and I'd get the high salt/amps error.
  1. Cleaned the existing cell with muriatic acid (no change)
  2. Replaced the cell, from a generic T-15 to a Hayward T-15 (no change)
  3. Checked the motherboard and found the burnt out node in upper right corner, Re-soldered 2x (no change)
  4. Replaced the yellow 20A fuse on motherboard (no change)
  5. Finally broke out my wallet and bought a new motherboard (GLX-PCB-PRO), installed this morning, configured best I could
    1. Unlocked the config menu and it's showing salt concentrations again, at 2500 ppm
    2. Now reading Check System Low Salt
I'm also getting way different readings on my Volts/Amps screen - old (two days ago) 1800 ppm, new (today, post- motherboard install) 2600 ppm, and latest (1 hr after install) 2400 ppm attached.
I'm running out of options and reaching the end of my intellectual capabilities here, any advice on getting things back to normal would be much appreciated! -Fes

Attachments

• IMG_3141.jpg
    IMG_3141.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3143.jpg
    IMG_3143.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3144.jpg
    IMG_3144.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.