Ontario
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Looking for some suggestions, my pool installer installed our lights in what I would call a strange way. I have a 2 part problem and am looking to upgrade and do it a better way to control the lighting.

We have a Hayward Prologic controller setup along with the color logic lights, the low voltage lines are run into a Hayward transformer box which has a manual on/off switch as well as a 3 prong plug out the bottom. The pool installer then had our electrician take this Intertek device (picture attached) which the transformer plugs into and is then hardwired it into the controller. This Intertek box seems to work similar to a smart switch, it has a small handheld remote that you can press and cycle through the colors...it works but its less than intuitive in my opinion it is similar to with walmart link but does not connect to a phone Verify your identity

Opened the pool last weekend to find out lights are not working, I plugged the transformer directly into a receptacle and they are working fine so I have to assume this Intertek box device is dead.

Hoping someone can help point me in the right direction, ideally I would like to be able to control the lighting on my phone assuming it is not to high a cost to make that happen. I suppose I could just install a smart receptacle on the controller and plug the transformer into that but I am not certain how or if that could cycle the colors it would likely just turn it on/off? If needed I can send more pictures of the set up just let me know.

Appreciate any help or suggestions, thanks

Attachments

• Intertek.jpg
    Intertek.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 8
Do you know the model pool lights you have? My bet is they are not Hayward lights that can be directly controlled by Prologic and thus why you have the Intertek control box.

Phone apps and smart switches typically cannot cycle the lights on and off rapidly enough to get the colors to change.

First step is to know what model lights you have.

Just checked and they are 1.5" Hayward colorlogic LED lights.
The pool installer is great from a construction standpoint... however they are not very tech savvy.

I think the logic in using this interek box is that it has a small RF remote so you can sit it on the table and control the lights

I think the logic in using this interek box is that it has a small RF remote so you can sit it on the table and control the lights

Well if you want that it probably takes the Intertek box.

Otherwise you can see how the Prologic controls the lights directly with whatever controllers you have .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.