Long Island , NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I have a 4 year old Hayward PowerFlo Matrix SP15932S pump with severe rusting of the motor mount that connects it to the base. It appears that the mount is permanately connected to the motor housing and not replaceable. Has anyone else experienced this or have any solutions?

I have one such pump, but I'm not aware of any retrofit replacement options. I suppose someone could attempt some sort of DIY bracket to the bottom of the motor to keep it stable. My biggest concern before doing that though would be why did it corrode? Did the motor shaft seal leak allowing water to seep into and underneath the motor to the bracket? If so, there may also be corrosion in the motor itself which could mean the motor won't have much life remaining anyway.

I have one such pump, but I'm not aware of any retrofit replacement options. I suppose someone could attempt some sort of DIY bracket to the bottom of the motor to keep it stable. My biggest concern before doing that though would be why did it corrode? Did the motor shaft seal leak allowing water to seep into and underneath the motor to the bracket? If so, there may also be corrosion in the motor itself which could mean the motor won't have much life remaining anyway.
Took the switch cover plate off the rear of the motor and I could see the inside of the motor housing, no rust or water from any bad seals. My guess is that it is just poor manufacturing of the finishing motor paint job. The motor is exposed to the elements so if the primer and paint are crappy, it will rust. I'm going to get some 1/8 inch stainless steel plate and use "JB Weld steel epoxy" to attach it to the bottom of the rusted mount and drill new holes.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Took the switch cover plate off the rear of the motor and I could see the inside of the motor housing, no rust or water from any bad seals. My guess is that it is just poor manufacturing of the finishing motor paint job. The motor is exposed to the elements so if the primer and paint are crappy, it will rust. I'm going to get some 1/8 inch stainless steel plate and use "JB Weld steel epoxy" to attach it to the bottom of the rusted mount and

Took the switch cover plate off the rear of the motor and I could see the inside of the motor housing, no rust or water from any bad seals. My guess is that it is just poor manufacturing of the finishing motor paint job. The motor is exposed to the elements so if the primer and paint are crappy, it will rust. I'm going to get some 1/8 inch stainless steel plate and use "JB Weld steel epoxy" to attach it to the bottom of the rusted mount and drill new holes.
I have the same problem right now. I was wondering if you tried the solution you mentioned and if so, whether it worked. Alternatively, I've considered attaching some sort of strapping or constructing a cradle bracket. I've seen mounting feet on line for many other Hayward models, but they are too high (1+ inch) and the pump connection would no longer align with my filter connection. Whatever solution I try, I would most likely have to take it to a machine shop to have it constructed.

i have the same problem, i'm using a bungee cord on one end, i thought maybe this was the bracket, unsure?

Did anyone find a replacement part?
That is the mount for a different pump a Hayward Super 2. The mount on a PowerFlo, or most any other above-ground pump is welded to the motor casing and not available as a separate repair item. By the time a mount is rusted through, it is likely the motor casing is as well. Those are not expensive motors, or pumps. Easiest is to just get a new pump.