Hayward PL-PS-8 replacement suggestions

May 17, 2018
Saratoga, CA
Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement for the PL-PS-8 controller? We have the error for "No Cell Power" for the SWG chlorinator. I am not electronically inclined and therefore the idea of replacing a board or resoldering a touchpoint isn't possible for me. I'm concerned about replacing the controller with the same model because of the high potential for the same failure, as well as feeling that there may be newer and more reliable technology out there. Since our pool builder installed Hayward, I believe I need to stay with Hayward for best communication between controller/components, correct? I'd love to know your expert opinions on what I can replace the PL-PS-8 with, thanks!

Also, our Aquapod's battery has drained and can't be lifted off of the charger; I'd love to replace it with either an app based component or other handheld component.

Thanks!

26000 gallons
Hayward Controller PL-PS-8
Hayward SWG Turbo Cell Tcell15 later replaced with Tcell940
Hayward Pump EcoStar Variable Speed Pump
Hayward Heater 400K Low NOx Natural Gas Heater
Hayward Filter SwimClear C5025
Polaris PBS4SQ Booster Pump
Polaris P280 Pool Cleaner
Solar Heat via Roof Panels

If you are commited to Hayward and not changing out your pump and SWG then get the Prologic board replaced. It is as good as you can get with Hayward right now.

I am not electronically inclined and therefore the idea of replacing a board or resoldering a touchpoint isn't possible for me. I'm concerned about replacing the controller with the same model because of the high potential for the same failure, as well as feeling that there may be newer and more reliable technology out there.
If you're able to replace the whole controller, you should be able to remove and replace the board. If you can remove the board, you can find someone who can solder. Maybe a local electronics repair shop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.