Hayward Omnilogic System false, low salt level readings

gusbuf

May 18, 2023
Buffalo, NY
I just opened our vinyl-lined inground pool on May 8th. After waiting a couple days after pool professionals cleaned and shocked the pool, Omnilogic system showed low salt. Ended up adding 7 x 40lb bags of salt, which I have never had to do in 3 years of having this pool (outside of initial salting of brand new pool). Salt level has been stuck on 2565 for a week. Had water professionally tested at pool store. Salt level at 4200! Wondering if the Omnilogic system salt level reader needs recalibrating, is broken, or what? Have pool company coming in 4 days (soonest they can get out), but would love to be able to fix this on my own. As a result of the system thinking the salt is low, it is not making chlorine. I am having to shock the pool every few days to maintain free chlorine levels above 1.0. Any help and opinions are greatly appreciated. I am still a pool novice! Thanks.

That is typical of a failing cell that is depleted.

The Hayward system does not have a salt reader. It calculates the salt level displayed based on the volts and amps of a new cell. As the cell ages its calculation diverges from the actual salinity.

Post the diagnostic information on your panel.

What is the serial number of the cell?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.