Hayward Omnilogic shutting down and restarting

NVSean2024

Jan 20, 2024
Henderson, NV
Hello,
I am having issues with my Hayward Omnilogic system. The controller keeps shutting down and restarting. This can vary from a few minutes to several hours. It just started about a week ago and now is getting much more frequent. The system will power up and I can start the pump and other features, but then it just shuts down and restarts again. I looked at the main board and don’t see any burns marks or issues. I am assuming the power supply is an issue. I have check the breaker and it seems to be fine. I can easily swap it out, but it has not tripped. The other devices still have power, so I don’t think it is a power source issue coming from our provider.
is there a relay or anything I can check? Any suggestions would be great!
thanks,
Sean

Welcome to TFP.

Sounds like the board has an intermittent component failure.

Maybe @1poolman1 has seen this problem.

It sounds to me like it's crashing and rebooting. We see a lot of ghosts within the Omni software. The systems are layered and conflicts are easily born. It's a bit like an old android phone.

1) Is your system under warranty? First call would be to Hayward.
2) If not under warranty, how comfortable are you with rebuilding your configuration? Manuals and YT videos exist if you aren't. I would factory reset your Omni before I tinkered with anything else.

Thank you. My system is no longer under warranty, as it was installed when Omnilogic first came out.
I have never built a configuration for this system, but am open to learning.
‘the system has the following components:
1. Variable speed main pool pump
2. Secondary single speed pump for water features
3. Sense and dispense acid feeder
4. pH and ORP probe
5. Salt cell (currently not working and needs to be replaced)
6. Hayward gas heater
The pool is 40,000 gallons with attached spa, and inground cleaning pop-ups.

i have read the manual for the system, but not have not configured or programmed the system. I would appreciate any recommendations of where to start with YT and configuration manuals.
thanks,
Sean