Hayward OmniLogic R4.1.0 MSP Released - Remote Internet Update - No release notes at all

Thorvald

Bronze Supporter
Jun 15, 2011
Innisfil, Ontario, Canada
Just got the notification today that a "New Update was available". Nothing mentioned on the Hayward site at all unfortunately.

Performed the update, I went from R.4.0.1-b36874 on my MSP to R.4.1.0-b37122.

No idea on what is changed as they did not include release notes anywhere that I can find (not amused by that).

Will see if someone like @PoolBrews can find it.

Cheers
Tim

Just got the notification today that a "New Update was available". Nothing mentioned on the Hayward site at all unfortunately.

Performed the update, I went from R.4.0.1-b36874 on my MSP to R.4.1.0-b37122.

No idea on what is changed as they did not include release notes anywhere that I can find (not amused by that).

Will see if someone like @PoolBrews can find it.

Cheers
Tim
I went and looked when I got the notification and could not find any release notes either. I normally wait a few days anyway...but it is strange that they released an update with no notes.

When they released 4.0.1 I received the alert and was available via internet update. It took a day or two for the binary and release notes to be published to Hayward site.

I received the update notice as well. I searched for release notes, and can't find them anywhere. I'm guessing that updates are issued to their OTA service at the same time as they are sent to the website download area. It typically takes them several days to go through the process of validating and posting updates, so we should see the update with release notes posted within the next couple of days.

The update goes from 4.0.1 to 4.1, so this should include additional functionality and bug fixes.

You beat me to it! I just saw them yesterday, but I was otherwise engaged at a party... :)

No changes that will impact the majority of folks - just the addition of basic support for heat/cool units.

You beat me to it! I just saw them yesterday, but I was otherwise engaged at a party... :)

No changes that will impact the majority of folks - just the addition of basic support for heat/cool units.
I actually just followed the naming convention from previous release notes and check the URL periodically. Yesterday the URL was active. Don’t think it’s actually been updated on the website yet.

I’m actually alittle disappointed with the release. Was hoping for more.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes finally there though on the Canadian Website it still links to the old 4.0.0 firmware release notes, I had to change the URL to get the current:

Release Notes for Firmware Revision R4.1.0 MSP/WDT/WLT/EPG
June 15th, 2021

Features and Enhancements
Omni now has the ability to configure heaters that support both heat and cool. For this version, the heater
can be placed in Heat mode or Cool mode. For future versions, it will be allowed to do both automatically.
Solar heater can now run in cool mode when the cool mode is selected.

● Heat Mode switched ON
○ The body of water is heated as long as the filter pump is running, the set point has not been met
and the water is below the set point by at least 2°F.

● Cool Mode switched ON
○ The body of water is cooled as long as the filter pump is running, the set point has not been met
and the water is above the set point by at least 2°F.

● Both Heat Mode and Cool Mode switched OFF
○ All heaters/coolers are turned off and will not run even if the heater is enabled and switched ON.

● The Solar Set Point is a separate set point that applies only to solar devices.
● In Heat Mode, the solar set point must be greater than or equal to the main heater set point. Therefore
the solar setpoint will move automatically 1°F above the main set point to support heat mode.
● In Cool Mode, the solar set point must be less than or equal to the heater main set point. Therefore, the
solar set point will move automatically 1°F below the main set point to support cool mode.
● Solar priority will allow the solar heater or cooler to run alone to maximize the low cost of solar
heat/cool.
● Solar temperature is displayed as “roof” on the heater screen.
● The “heater” feature in the BOW screen is now named “heat/cool”.

● Types of devices that support heating and cooling:
○ Heat Pumps
○ Geothermal
○ Solar

● Types of devices that support heating only:
○ Gas heaters

● Controlling Heat/cool via the OmniLogic app requires upgrading to the latest version of the app (4.4.0)
● Support for the new ENS610EXT Engenius HWLAN bridge. NOTE: To use WPS, hold the Engenius
reset button for 2-4 seconds and upon releasing the orange LAN and WAN led lights will flash. They
will continue the flash pattern until it associates with the router.

4.1.1 is out, they must have broke something in 4.1.0 :unsure:

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.