DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I'm pretty sure the answer is "no" but here goes...

Is there any way to set the valves partially?
I have 3 valves, and only 2 Jandy actuators. I was told my control panel can only control 2 Jandy Actuators.

I would love to be able to set my return valve between spa and pool.

A,

The answer is yes and no...

An automated valve can only be set to move from one stop to the other stop... Normally this turns the Pool on and the Spa off, or turns the Spa on and turns the Pool off. But you can mechanically set the stops where you want, so you could have it set in the middle... But you can't have three positions.

That said, why?? In most cases this will case the spa to drain when the pump is off.

What is it that you are trying to do?

Thanks,

Jim R.

A,

The answer is yes and no...

An automated valve can only be set to move from one stop to the other stop... Normally this turns the Pool on and the Spa off, or turns the Spa on and turns the Pool off. But you can mechanically set the stops where you want, so you could have it set in the middle... But you can't have three positions.

That said, why?? In most cases this will case the spa to drain when the pump is off.

What is it that you are trying to do?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Basically have the return go to pool, to spa, or 50/50

I like the spa to get circulated, but also like the flow from the pool jets/nozzles. This way I can keep the spa overflowing into the pool, but also keep the circulation in the pool pushing the surface towards the skimmer.

I'm just weird, that's all

You are not weird at all..

Most pools have what is called a make up valve that does what you want..

Let's see a couple of pics of your equipment pad...

Keep in mind that constant spillover will drive your pH through the roof..

Is your pump a VS, or single speed pump? If VS, you can simply put your automation in the spillover mode and run the pump at a low RPM..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes you can set it so you have 50/50 search jandy actuator adjustment and the jandy pro actuator instructions will come up download it and page 8 shows you how to adjust it really easy. I wouldnt worry about following the table you can just twist the ring to adjust its simple.108945

Reactions: aceniza
You are not weird at all..

Most pools have what is called a make up valve that does what you want..

Let's see a couple of pics of your equipment pad...

Keep in mind that constant spillover will drive your pH through the roof..

Is your pump a VS, or single speed pump? If VS, you can simply put your automation in the spillover mode and run the pump at a low RPM..

Thanks,

Jim R.
My PH has gone from 7.6 to approx 7.7 this week. I bought some muriatic acid, pool calculator tells me to drop it to 7.0 then aerate to raise it (to lower TA).

But yes, I have a VS pump. I will look into the configuration you mention. I haven't messed with the automation outside of the Hayward Omnilogic app.

I only have 3 valves and 2 Jandys. Return and Drain are on the Jandys, and the return has another valve for a water feature which is currently just a stub in my grass.
Yes you can set it so you have 50/50 search jandy actuator adjustment and the jandy pro actuator instructions will come up download it and page 8 shows you how to adjust it really easy. I wouldnt worry about following the table you can just twist the ring to adjust its simple.View attachment 108945
thanks! I'll have to look into that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.