Niceville, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello all...I'm getting the above error message and, in addition, my temp sensors all read 127F. I cleaned the salt cell and ordered a new temp sensor, but the temp remains the same on the display after hooking up the brand new temp sensor, so I'm suspecting it's the Main PCB. The interesting part is that I just replaced this board 2 months ago for a similar, but not the same, issue...that time it wouldn't recognize any temp sensors at all (water, air, solar). I've had my pool guys come out for that problem and after talking to the Hayward Rep the solution they came up with was to replace the board. Additionally, I had already replaced that board once as well. So in two years, I'm facing my third Main circuit board replacement. They can't be that faulty...I even paid my guy to install the latest one and get all the programming done to make sure I didn't screw something up. Additionally, when I had the first issue in Nov 20, I replaced the salt cell and the SWG circuit board connector.

The last time my pool guy was here he made an off hand comment about moving to a Jandy system...he said they prefer to install them...better interface, more reliable, etc. I don't really want to even explore that until I've exhausted every other option.

any insight as to how to diagnose the error? bypass the temp readouts??

Thanks!

Get a 10K resistor and put it in place of the temperature sensor. It should read 76F.

If your board still reads high then it is your board.

full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.