Hayward Omnilogic Connected to Network – But NOT Working

Lawtyger

Mar 11, 2016
Tampa, Florida
Looking for advice as to what to try next. For about a month and ½ I have been unable to control my Ominilogic system remotely (via any web browser, the iPhone app or the iPad app). Yet, the system IS connected to my network. Here are the particulars:
· System has the WLAN and is not hard-wired (but see below);
· For over a year I had zero connection issues (no yellow lightning bolts);
· After the LCD inside the box became un-calibrated and could not be recalibrated so that the touch screen actually selected what was being touched, the LCD unit was replaced with a new one. Likely just coincidentally, the system started to not work a couple weeks after that;
· They system connects to my home network, I have also connected it to my neighbors network, and I register an IP address every time.
· My network consists of a dual band Arris router provided by my cable company and an Ubiquiti Access Point. All wireless function on the Arris router is turned off and the wireless goes through my Ubiquiti AP.
· Tried different IP addresses all of which connect and establish.
· Unifi Controller shows the Ominilogic connected (along with 20+ other devices which all work) and I can see packet information being exchanged up and down for the Ominlogic IP connection.
· Tried hard wiring the connection from the box to my network and again, it fully connected, yet I have no control over the system.
· To be sure, I turned off the Arris router firewall, completely uninstalled Norton Security and turned off Windows firewall (all of which they system previously functioned fine with).
· It appears that the “information” on the web browser or app is updating (for example, the date, time, weather conditions, weather forecast are all current to the moment I open the web browser or app). Yet, I get the double yellow lightning bolts in the app and the “lost link” message in the web browser.
· The box outside works fine when turning equipment on and off and all schedules work.
· The electrical/service company who installed the equipment in spring of 2016 has been out, replaced the “brains” of the unit and spent hours on a couple occasions going through the settings. I’m on the most recent software for Omnilogic. The electrical/service company is completely stumped, as am I.
· The next step is apparently have a Hayward representative come out which is to be scheduled.

Anybody had, or heard of this issue? Any thoughts, suggestions? I mean I am definitely connected to my network (and can cannot both wirelessly and via hard wire) yet simply can’t remotely control from any browser or app on any computer or phone, the system.

Truly baffled and quite frustrated.

Well, the issue is fixed although the resolution is quite anti-climatic and something the installer should have realized early on.

When the LCD was replaced due to the calibration issue I mentioned in my first post, the installer was required to setup a new MSP ID with Hayward (the MSP contains the ID of Omnilogic so if it is changed you would need to register the new ID on the web).

Basically, poor communication and training between the installer and Hayward resulted in a month and 1/2 of no remote use of the pool. Oh well, just glad it is fixed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.