St. Louis, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Here it is 2023 and I am seeing the same issues as the original poster when trying to use the Hayward OmniLogic with HLWLAN bridge. Signal strength seems fine but the Omni will not complete the setup process. I temporary connected via wired ethernet and updated the firmware in the Omni, but I still have the same issue when trying to setup the Wifi. Has anyone gotten this to work? I am using a relatively new Asus RT-AX86S router.

Moved from here.

Last edited:
Also, for those using the Hayward OmniLogic with HLWLAN bridge -- does yours have 2 or 4 antennas connected? Mine only has two and the pool company says that is how it is suppose to be. The black plugs covering the top connectors aren't very snug and don't appear very weatherproof to me so that really has me wondering if something is missing.
PXL_20230426_020636745.jpg
PXL_20230426_020615189.jpg

It appears the HLWLAN has actually been many different models over the years. Mine is a EnGenius ENS610EXT model. I tried turning AX mode off on my router's 2.4ghz signal, but it still won't complete the setup. :(

Today I tried connecting to my regular network, and the Omni setup was finally able to complete! Everytime prior I was trying to connect to my guest network (which is handled by the same router). I will wait to see how stable the connection is over time before declaring victory though. ;) But I wanted to mention this in case others were seeing the same issue.

Your router likely has a firewall preventing communication between devices on your primary network and guest network.

Reactions: mknauss
Your router likely has a firewall preventing communication between devices on your primary network and guest network.
It does, but I was just going to switch my phone to the guest network when I needed to adjust the Omni. And in fact I would see that work briefly during the time the Omni was trying to setup the wifi, but in the end the Omni could never complete the process. I'm still not sure why but at least things are working (for now).

It does, but I was just going to switch my phone to the guest network when I needed to adjust the Omni. And in fact I would see that work briefly during the time the Omni was trying to setup the wifi, but in the end the Omni could never complete the process. I'm still not sure why but at least things are working (for now).

The firewall probably has the TCP or UDP ports closed that the Omni uses.

The firewall probably has the TCP or UDP ports closed that the Omni uses.
Now that makes sense -- thanks for pointing that out! Probably used when trying to do a firmware update, and the Omni tests for access during the setup process.

I still think those black plugs on the 5ghz antenna connectors look suspect. I'd love to hear from another HLWLAN (ENS610EXT version) owner to see if that's all they have on them too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.