Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hey!

It appears that the 4.3.0 update for Omni includes the ability to configure heaters that support both heat and cool modes. If you go into configure, and into your heater, you'll see that there are now options for configuring as a chiller only or a heater with both heat and cool modes. When you go to enable the chiller mode, it wants you to select a relay for the chill mode, which I don't currently have.

I do not yet see instructions for how to wire heaters with both heat and cool modes, and Hayward doesn't currently make a heat pump with a cool mode.

However, I have an AquaCal heat/chiller unit. I'm not sure if this will be compatible... I know Pentair and Jandy have what AquaCal calls a "SMART" bus that can be connected to the heat pump to control both heat and chiller functions. This seems like a simpler implementation that Hayward has gone after.

Neat! I assume this isn't possible with an AquaCal heat pump. AquaCal keeps saying that they need Hayward to provide RS-485 data for communication, and that Jandy and Pentair have the RS-485 connections on their control boards.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.