Hayward Navigator ultra not moving and not because lack of pressure.

tomsop

Oct 18, 2012
I thought it was not enough suction but then I used the pressure gauge and pressure is fine. The pods and flaps move like a beast when suspended and I removed the weight on the hose as well thinking the hose is weighing it down. I lift the hose to aid its movement and it moves fast then slows, fast then slows. I do not think it is suctioning itself to the pool bottom because I have tried reducing pressure. I assume I may need to change some parts - I am just not sure which parts would create this issue. I did replace the pads and wings so I know those are not at issue. Any suggestions? Thanks.

The only other thing I can think and I need to research is I bought replacement wings but maybe I did not buy the ones for the ultra - just regular navigator flap kit - I wonder if the ultra flaps are bigger and that could be the issue - I am grasping at different theories.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.