Hayward HP31204T won't cool?

eb21247643

Jun 14, 2022
Central Florida
I have a new in-ground pool installation. There is an OmniLogic control panel in place that controls the salt-water system and the heat pump. We know that the heating function works fine but we can not seem to get the cooling function to work. When we lower the temperature through the OmniLogic panel the fan on the heat pump never comes on. Attempting to interact with the panel on the front of the heat pump itself just gives the bypass (bo) message on the display.

Welcome to TFP.

I do not think the Heatpro remote connection the OmniLogic uses can switch the HP between HEAT and COOL mode. It only allows ON/OFF of the HP.

To use the cooler function you need to take the heater out of Bypass Mode and control it from its panel.

That was my thought as well though I can't seem to find a manual for the HP31204T. The manual on the Hayward site does not look anything like my panel. I saw instructions suggesting holding down and mode for three seconds until 'bo' disappears but I have a button with three lines, a +, and a -. I tried holding minus and the three lines buttons but nothing happened.

Call Hayward Support.

As far as I can tell Hayward sourced their Heat Pumps from various 3rd parties as models changed over the years and never put much effort into any manuals for them.

Reactions: eb21247643
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.