Richmond VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hello, I thought I would post this here for any DIYers that are trying to connect an older Hayward Control system (Mine was Aqua Plus) that has only 2 cables for the heater relay to a Hayward HP31005T Round Heat/Cool Heat Pump. The diagrams in the manual are very poor and my 5 yr old could probably do better. Hayward support is quite bad and even asked me to connect to the wrong connectors, that is if you can get them to respond. They initially ask me to go to a pool retailer to ask my questions.... thats like me calling the manufacturer for my laptop and they saying go talk to best buy.

I have the 3 pictures attached here and marked. Need to take the blue jumper cable out and put in your relay cable in there. It is really that simple. If you do have any questions feel free to message me.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 22.49.46.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 22.49.46.jpeg
    520.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2688.jpg
    IMG_2688.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2689.jpg
    IMG_2689.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for sharing. Hayward HP manuals are some of the worst.

Support is not any better. I remember 13 years ago when we first got the pool there was at least someone you can talk to. Now they want to pawn you off to a pool builder for help. Furthermore if you are fortunate to finally get them to lodge an email case, the info is pretty elementary. They can only discuss the manual, if you refer to the actual product they cannot help. I wonder if all the other companies are the same.