Hayward H400FDN problem

Eriky

Jul 4, 2010
I just got my pool open and my heater Hayward H400FDN is not showing anything on the LCD panel. When we turned it off last year, it was OK so something happened over the winter.

My pool guy said he doesn't know how to repair this, and that it may be the main panel or main circuit board. I called up a service guy who was recommended for my area and he hasn't gotten back to me, probably extremely busy.

I have done some work on the heater before, fixing the ignitor and cleaning the lines.

I am wondering if anyone can help me understand if I can troubleshoot this myself, or do I need a professional? I have no problem paying someone, I just can't seem to find anyone local.

Thanks

Is your heater connected to any automation?

You have a multimeter? You know how to check voltages and comfortable working around hot electrical lines?

First step is checking for voltage at the power cable going into the heater.

Thanks for the replies! I do have a multimeter and I am comfortable working around lines. I do not have any automatic. The system is about 9 years old. Will the manual show me which wires to check for power coming into the unit?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.