Hayward H400fdn Heater will not respond to Omnilogic requests

Sep 17, 2007
Simi Valley, CA
I am hoping some heater experts can help me out here..

My H400fdn Hayward Heater will not turn on with the Omnilogic remote. This heater is less than 3 years old and was installed with my pool by certified professionals. If I take the heater out of bypass mode I can run it manually without issues. I am using the 2 wire remote from the OmniLogic control to the heater wiring block. I am getting voltage from the omnilogic to the wiring block and the same voltage from the wiring block to the heater control board plug (E1). I saw 0.2mv when running on, negative millivolts when turned off. And I think I saw a jump to 25v or something on the voltmeter when omnilogic went to switch the heater from off to on, I don't remember at this point. But it seems to be at least getting the signal to the controller board.) Could this be an issue with the controller board on the heater? Not sure what the proper voltage should be to the heater. Maybe it's something with the Omnilogic controller? But everything else seems to work fine through the Omnilogic setup.

Any help on next steps would be appreciated.

Thank you,
CF

Here's the instructions for setting up the heater to work off the Hayward thermostat and controller.

297767d5ea60d30d546303a5dc148eb8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.