Hayward H400 IDL2 FC4 fuse blown

dlwoody

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Looking for some guidance on a blown fuse on the fuse board in my Hayward heater. Continuing to get a blown FC4 fuse during heater startup. I have gone through the trouble shooting guide in the heater manual and when I measure the resistance on the blower motor wires I'm getting resistance higher than what it should be. Troubleshooting guide states that the resistance on the black to white should be 10-14 ohms (I read 14) and the resistance from red to white should read between 18 and 22 ohms (I read 32 or 34) Is this variance enough to indicate that the blower motor is causing the FC4 fuse to blow? The fan motor begins to spool up before the fuse blows but it never really gets to what I would consider a normal pre-ignition fan speed. Is it possible that I might ba able to replace the capacitor instead of the entire blower assembly?

Thanks in advance for your help!

David

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.