Hayward H250FDN - Jet Engine Rumble

mn345

May 15, 2017
Ottawa
I have a H250FDN and when ignited it has a low frequency jet engine like rumble. I have done some research and all I can find are articles relating to clunking and banging noises due to a broken bypass. I don't believe this to be the case as the only sound is a low "jet engine" like rumble. I have tried adjusting the gas pressure setting on the regulator (1 turn counter clock wise) but did not notice a difference and did not want to go any further.

Please put details of your pool in your signature. See What we need to know to answer your questions You put us in the position of playing a guessing game with you and asking you lots of questions about your pool. Those type of sounds can be caused by low water flow but we have no idea what type of pump you have or what speed it is running at. It could be caused by valve settings but we don’t know what equipment or automation is on your pool.

So details in your signature would help as well as pics of your equipment pad, heater, plumbing and valves.

I just replaced my heater this year. I have the H400FDN. Absolutely sounds like a jet engine when the burner turns on. Much quieter overall than the old heater but I have the same sound. Everything worked well and as I said it is overall much quieter than before so I am not overly concerned about it to be honest.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.