Hayward H100ID turns on but doesn't fire

egiblock

May 23, 2019
Ohio
I picked up a Hayward H100ID Natural Gas heater and finally got around to hooking it up. It turns on and the exhaust fan spins, but no clicking from the ignitor or firing going on... slowly troubleshooting the connections, any recommendations on what to look at first? I've gone as far as taking apart the gas valve for inspection and it looks ok, so I'm thinking something electrical at this point. I have a new ignitor coming tomorrow just in case and will be checking out the circuit board later today for cracks as I've seen others post..

Attachments

• IMG_7299.jpeg
    IMG_7299.jpeg
    539 KB · Views: 9
Gas valves are not recommended to be disassembled. If this is a new unit the first thing I would check for is to make sure that all of the safety switches are being satisficed. There is a pressure switch that monitors water pressure in the system. Too low of water pressure and the unit will not complete the start cycle. It is best to use a VOM to do this. The entire safety system on these is a 24 volt AC system . Connect one lead of the VOM to a ground source. (any bare, metal) and start probing the safety circuit until you find the culprit that is not allowing the system to start. Also, The fan pressure switch needs to prove exhaust flow. If the small rubber hose is dried out, loose or otherwise it may be causing a vacuum leak that wont set the switch.

Dan

I picked up a Hayward
Gas valves are not recommended to be disassembled. If this is a new unit the first thing I would check for is to make sure that all of the safety switches are being satisficed. There is a pressure switch that monitors water pressure in the system. Too low of water pressure and the unit will not complete the start cycle. It is best to use a VOM to do this. The entire safety system on these is a 24 volt AC system . Connect one lead of the VOM to a ground source. (any bare, metal) and start probing the safety circuit until you find the culprit that is not allowing the system to start. Also, The fan pressure switch needs to prove exhaust flow. If the small rubber hose is dried out, loose or otherwise it may be causing a vacuum leak that wont set the switch.

Dan

Natural Gas heater and finally got around to hooking it up. It turns on and the exhaust fan spins, but no clicking from the ignitor or firing going on... slowly troubleshooting the connections, any recommendations on what to look at first? I've gone as far as taking apart the gas valve for inspection and it looks ok, so I'm thinking something electrical at this point. I have a new ignitor coming tomorrow just in case and will be checking out the circuit board later today for cracks as I've seen others post..
you may not have enough water pressure coming into the heater. Check if you have 120V on each side of the pressure sensor.

Dan
The safety system on a Hayward H100ID is a 120v circuit.

Attachments

• Hayward H100ID schematic.JPG
    Hayward H100ID schematic.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.