Hayward H-Series H300FDP "IF" and "SF" codes

mltrade

Aug 5, 2020
Boston MA
I have a 4 year old H300FDP and recently ran into a SF error. I replaced the "Hayward FDXLTER1930 FD Thermistor" which cleared the SF code. When I turned the unit back on the symptoms are: Starts and fires for approx 3 seconds, then shuts off. It cycles through and does this 2 more times (total 3 attempts) and goes to IF code. With the help of other threads on this forum I have done the following: 1. Checked all orifices for blockages (none found) 2. Removed and cleaned the Flame Sensor with steel wool 3. Had propane tanks filled (I understand these units can act up with low tank levels). I don't have a manometer so I can't speak to pressure. But the unit does in fact fire and I can smell propane for a moment after it fires. Any suggestions appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 4 year old H300FDP and recently ran into a SF error. I replaced the "Hayward FDXLTER1930 FD Thermistor" which cleared the SF code. When I turned the unit back on the symptoms are: Starts and fires for approx 3 seconds, then shuts off. It cycles through and does this 2 more times (total 3 attempts) and goes to IF code. With the help of other threads on this forum I have done the following: 1. Checked all orifices for blockages (none found) 2. Removed and cleaned the Flame Sensor with steel wool 3. Had propane tanks filled (I understand these units can act up with low tank levels). I don't have a manometer so I can't speak to pressure. But the unit does in fact fire and I can smell propane for a moment after it fires. Any suggestions appreciated!
I think we've all been here before.....so I'll man up and admit it. This was self-inflicted pain. I apparently pulled the lead to the Flame Sensor right off the board when I replaced the Thermistor. Turns out if you do everything correctly and eventually put everything back where it's supposed to be....things tend to work just fine!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.