Hayward Goldline AQR15 with Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo

Jul 13, 2018
Santa Clarita/CA
Hi,

I've got a 12k gallon pool and I'm looking at the AQR15. I currently have the Pentair IntelliFlo and use the built-in timer, how do I hook this up to the Goldline? I think that the salt cell has a flow switch that could work but I would be worried that it could break over time?

The flow switch is meant to be a safety backup. I think often people install a current sensing relay on the pump's power so that the SWG only gets power when the pump is actually running.

I am unaware of any "take it off the shelf and hook it up" current sensor that would work for you.. Most people that have them, built them..

Another option is to just use a standard pool timer.. You use the timer to turn off the power to the SWCG's power supply any time the pump is not supposed to run.. As an example... Set the pump to run from 7 am until 7 pm... Then set the timer to run the SWCG from 8 am until 6 pm... You can use any times you want, as long as the timer is operating inside the pump run time..

As Jason points out... never run just using the flow switch as the only safety device.. While failures are rare, they do happen and the cell can explode..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.