Hayward filtration - plumbing issue

May 14, 2016
Englishtown, NJ
Hello Everybody!
New pool season, new problems! :LOL:
Is it me or everybody is going through this? Six years I own pool, and every opening (right after pool company leaves) I have problems.

So this year is very weird one, I can't figure out, so I am hopping you guys can help me!
Hayward system, I have no water circulation under Filter on Vari-Flo Valve.
It does excellent water circulation under all other settings on this Vari-Flo valve

Last week I had some circulation but after 2-3 hours it will stop...

I washed DE filter, and it's clean now, I did not even charge DE filter media yet, still no flo.
On the Hayward pump in prefilter area I have no bubbles, water is to the top (I can see it in clear top)

Is it possible that something "broke" inside ViriFlo valve?

On the picture I have VariFlo valve on Recirculate, so I can mix chlorine that I added to the water to start killing green algae
(Under extreme pressure from my kids to make this working :confused:)

Any Help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20210605_191312.jpg
    20210605_191312.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210605_191324.jpg
    20210605_191324.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210605_191229.jpg
    20210605_191229.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 13
Also if you could post another pic but while facing the front of the equipment so we can see all the valve settings.

Curious to know if Marty's suggestion makes a difference. If not, I would be inclined to open the top of valve and look inside for any suspected problems.

Thank you All for reply's!

Pat, My heater is shot, house sold with broken heater, my house inspector and sales was on the sellers side for some strange reason, and I had no idea about pools.
Back to topic :)
So valves by heater set to bypass.

I will try to make a picture from front - it kinda problematic, I have poison ivy there. Will use selfy stick

Marty, I did clean the grids, but will take it apart again and see if's clogged.

Siphoning dirt from the bottom on the waste setting (bypassing DE filter), when it's all clean I will check the grids

Thank you again!

I will try to make a picture from front - it kinda problematic, I have poison ivy there. Will use selfy stick
Now you also need to post a pic (before & after) of you in that Poison Ivy. :)

• Haha
Reactions: paronaram
Hey Pat, so here is the picture from front.
And I found my problem. Filter grids was clogged, Like I never washed them...
Left it running without DE for 7 hours , and milky water and dead algae clogged all up.

Marty was right!

Took all a part, wash it all up, put it back together, charged with 4.5 cups of DE, pool turned Beautiful overnight :party:
Now pool is clean I see some debris in the deepest part...
Planing to build portable vacuum, I have a external pump, need to figure out hoe to build something to trap small leafs etc

Thank you All!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.