Hayward filter pressure high

no change in FC overnight.
That's a good thing. So if you aren't see the filter psi go back down to what you normally see after a filter cleaning (i.e. 14 psi), perhaps those carts somehow got coated with some oils or something. You mentioned earlier you are ordering new carts right? As noted above, before ordering the new carts, perhaps run the system for a few minutes without the carts installed to see if that effects anything.

New filters arrived and also ran the pump without filters. Running on high speed. With old filters = 20-21 psi. Without filters = 12 psi. With brand new filters = 12 psi.

So I'm going to say the old filters were old enough and had enough buildup internally that they were the cause. I'm going to read up on the acid bath for them and keep them for extras.

Thanks to all for the guidance.

Reactions: Newdude
New filters arrived and also ran the pump without filters. Running on high speed. With old filters = 20-21 psi. Without filters = 12 psi. With brand new filters = 12 psi.

So I'm going to say the old filters were old enough and had enough buildup internally that they were the cause. I'm going to read up on the acid bath for them and keep them for extras.

Thanks to all for the guidance.
Great news! Congratulations!

Don't acid wash them before you soak them in a cleaner because then you'll surely throw them out as the oils and such will never come out after acid wash
I can't say if it's an old wives tale, or I was just lucky with my sample size of exactly *1*, but my fair skinned kids were little and wore tons of sunblock for years, with tons of get togethers and full blown parties. I was definitely on the higher side of normal oils/lotions and the filters came out better than new every fall with a 50:1 MA bath for 24 hours.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This has been the practice on TFP though.
Agreed. By the time i stumbled upon that nugget, I had been doing it for 7 or 8 seasons and had proven my water/chemistry/filter residuals to be ok with it. I always stress ones milage may vary and only suggest it when the filters are being thrown out with nothing to lose.

Reactions: wireform
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.