Hayward filter lateral holder assembly replacement

RITiger23

Jun 19, 2022
VA
I have Hayward side mounted multi-port sand filter. I’m replacing the bottom elbow assembly (part #SX244CD2FW) and lateral holder assembly w/S240DN (part #SX242MA1X) (Photo 2). Should the bottom elbow and lateral holder be pvc glued together?

I struggled to remove the existing bottom elbow assembly and lateral holder from the filter housing as it was fit together as one piece. It’s two separate pieces, but locked together with either pvc glue or wedged tight with sand at the male/female connection (Photo 1). I can’t physically pull the pieces apart nor see evidence of residual glue.

I assembled the new pieces, unglued, then finger tighten the elbow to the bulk head fitting on the housing’s exterior. The elbow’s male end does not seem to set home all the way into the female end of the lateral holder. There seems to be a little bit of horizontal slack/give, but approx. 1/4 to 1/2-inch vertical difference between the pieces (Photos 3 & 4).

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 12
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 9
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    178.7 KB · Views: 10
  • image3.png
    image3.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 11
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.