Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP error pump stalled

Mar 23, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Last night fired up the spa, went out to check and pump had quit Pump stalled
I didn't note any error code. shut off breaker, turned back on and still error pump stalled
I shut the breaker off all night this am I tried to run pump and as soon as I turned breaker on it tripped.
Dead short:? or control unit?

b4,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your "Lost Wages" pool questions... :shark:

Based upon a couple of other members that have had the same issue, I vote for the control unit...

Let me see if I can get someone to chime in with some more info..

Thanks,

Jim R.

b4,

This is my go to information on the eco pump stall error:

Hayward Ecostar drive stall error is unfortunately a common problem with Hayward Eco Star variable speed motors. Drive stall problems are noticed when the pump tries to turn itself on and can not. The pump will “stall” throwing a red light on the control board. The board will also state that it has stalled and that there is a pump stall error.

What to Check First

Hayward has worked on this problem for a while and has been able to bring the amount of drive stalls down on their units. If you are experience a drive stall error on your pools pump motor, take these steps to try and correct the issue first:

•Shut down the power to the pump from the breaker for five minutes – turn back on and try to run the pump.
•Make sure that there are no blockages in the impeller because the motor will not turn if the impeller cannot rotate.
•Make sure that the drive is bonded and all four tightening screws are secure on the drive.

When running through all these checks and balances if it is noticed that there is not bond wire or that the tightening screws are not all secure, correct the issue. Attach a bond wire to the Eco star drive pump or tighten the loose screws on the bottom of the motor. When this has been corrected, shut the power down to the pump and rest it after five minutes. Check if the pump will now run.

This Still Did Not Work

After checking these items if the motor is still saying drive stall error, it probably means that you need a new drive. Check the serial number on the pumps sticker. Hayward offers now a 4 year warranty on these drives. If you have had the pump less than four years you can file a claim on the drive for a warranty.

Good luck,
tstex

I had the exact same issue. I am getting the pump stall error from my Hayward VSP too and it is probably 2-3 months outside 4 year warranty window. It is so frustrating when you spend so much money on technology and you have so many problems. I will see what kind of response I will get from Hayward, I am still hopeful. I already tried to do the few things that some folks had recommended (turn power off from breaker and restart, checked to see that the pump seems to be freely moving etc.) but no luck. Did you contact Hayward through their website?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.