Hayward E Command 4 - Spa/Pool actuators not responding

Boske

Jun 4, 2019
Manvel, Texas
Hi there,

New to the Forum and TFP, so please be gentle:). Anyway, here is my issue if you can please assist:

- I just replaced Hayward Goldline Controls main PCB as my clock was off (yes, a very expensive fix).
- The board in question is G1-066008N-1 (new model as it comes with wire jumpers that old one didnt have). I got it from Hayward via Amazon.
- Hooked it up as per old board connections, was careful to transfer all configuration parameters, and as far as pool filtration...everything is working fine. Clock is on point and pool is turning on/off as per Timer schedule.
- However, when we tried to switch it Spa mode with remote or through panel...nothing happened. Jandy Actuators didnt even pretend to move.
- I switched them to ON2 position which should make them turn by themselves, but still nothing. So, that means they are not getting any power.
- The question is why? I was going to put the old board in, just to see if i can get them to turn again, but wanted to check here 1st.

Thanks in advance for any help here...Boske

Welcome to TFP.

Do you have a multimeter? It sounds like you lost the 24V feed in your cabinet. Maybe you popped a fuse or CB when you were working in there.

I would not put the old board in. I would trace the 24V power source for the actuators. See if you have 24V by the actuator relay output. Track back where the 24V power comes from a transformer.

Thanks Allen,

I do have a voltmeter and I shall try that and post back what I find. It has been pouring here in Houston area, so couldnt do it today.

Do you by any chance have the schematic of the main PCB? As i mentioned there were some differences from my old board, one of them that it came with 4-5 jumper wires that I believe were for inline chlorinator which I dont have. I just want to make sure I didnt miss anything during the wiring. Also, you dont think that I might have missed something with the calibration menu when i loaded the parameters back in?

Not working with the toggle switch on the actuator says you have a 24V problem. That should work independant of any programming or parameters.

I don’t have any schematics.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.