Hayward DE3620 DE Filter

Michael05

Apr 29, 2021
Ohio
After cleaning the entire filter and grids and adding 4.5 lbs of DE, after a couple hours filter back up to 20 psi. There does not seem to be oils or anything or any tears. Can the plastic breather tube being cracked cause this? I have it rigged with tape until new one gets here. My grids are almost like new.

If your PSI is raising it is doing its job.. You have something in your pool that is being filtered.. DE is the best at filtering EVERYTHING out...

Reactions: Michael05
Welcome! :wave: DE filters have a very high filtration rate and grab transparent organics very fast. Our first concern would be those organics (algae). can you post a full set of water test results? Also update your signature please.

Welcome! :wave: DE filters have a very high filtration rate and grab transparent organics very fast. Our first concern would be those organics (algae). can you post a full set of water test results? Also update your signature please.

FC 3.14
Tc 4.45
Ph 7.4
Ta 120
Ch 136
Cya 37
Iron 0
Copper 0.2
Phosphate 153
Salt 3081

Based on those pool store test results, which are usually not very dependable anyway, I suspect you do indeed have algae. You also have an elevated copper level which can be very bad for the pool water and surfaces. Copper comes from those pool store products. The sooner you cut the cord from the pool store, get a TF-100 (or Taylor K-2006C) test kit, and take charge of your pool the better. Also be sure to update your signature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.