Gold Supporter
Jul 3, 2018
SC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have two Hayward ColorLogic 320 1.5" nicheless LED lights. They were installed at build in March of 2017. The first one failed in September 2019 and was replaced under warranty with $200 labor. (I had to go through pool builder for warranty). There was no water behind the glass. The second light just failed and is not under warranty so I'll be pulling and replacing this one myself. We seldom use our lights and I estimate the first one failed around 30 hours and the second around 50 hours. Here are my questions:

1) I've checked connections and the Hayward transformer (@14v) and those appear good. Could it still be the transformer trashing these lights?

2) Are there alternatives to these lights? Has Hayward improved them recently? I'll pay more if there's better longevity.

3) Does anyone has experience with these? 1.5" LED Kits: 11 Watts - CMP

Currently, I have no automation but it's "on the list". My second EcoStar just started intermittent whining so I may not be bound to Hayward for automation. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you all.

I have not heard of those lights but everyone seems to love these, its what I will be installing when I build mine :)

Thanks for the link. Those look great but are not replacements for the 320 series. It says they are for the 160 and 180 series. I talked with Hayward this morning and described how I observed this one die - slow to sync with newer light and flickering. The tech said they have very few problems with them but my symptoms indicate a "common buildup" that occurs in the light. This is supposedly a sealed unit so that is disappointing to hear. My PB is calling the rep to see if they can work out anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.