Jun 26, 2020
Upstate, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,

My chlorinator’s front feed detached from the main unit. I can push it back into the port, but it will leak. Is there either an adhesive glue or sealant or both that might help get this things securely seated again?
3FAE351A-CCFA-41F6-A1FF-1FFB0B99907D.jpeg

A) I hate tab feeders on residential pools and would love to see it go away. B) Its not my pool so try some of this, it will be as permanent as it can be:
A pool supply might carry it, but not likely. This is just a website with the lowest price that I saw. Be sure to coat that entire ring so that it all seals.
Not a guarantee, but I've been using it for years.

A) I hate tab feeders on residential pools and would love to see it go away. B) Its not my pool so try some of this, it will be as permanent as it can be:
A pool supply might carry it, but not likely. This is just a website with the lowest price that I saw. Be sure to coat that entire ring so that it all seals.
Not a guarantee, but I've been using it for years.
Thanks for the reply. Since this the feeder has been broken, I have started using liquid chlorine. Should I just keep on doing that instead of trying the repair to the feeder?

Thanks for the reply. Since this the feeder has been broken, I have started using liquid chlorine. Should I just keep on doing that instead of trying the repair to the feeder?
If you are going to use tablets to supplement, use a floating chlorinator. Adds a small amount of chlorine (and CYA) continually, not just when the pump is running.

Reactions: SorryImaNewb123
If you are going to use tablets to supplement, use a floating chlorinator. Adds a small amount of chlorine (and CYA) continually, not just when the pump is running.
OK, thanks for that advice. I got myself a floating chlorinator and will also use in combination w/ liquid chlorine so I don't have to use as many of the chlorine tabs. They are very expensive and also will make my CYA levels too high. So maybe this will be the year I get things in order.

TBH I never was a fan of that chlorinator.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.