Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello , if possible to get a quick answare because I’m loosing my mind
I added 3 Hayward bubblers and 3 320 Hayward light that works with the bubbler fitting.
my pool builder install the lines for each bubbler with 1.5” pipe and that’s ok for the bubbler , the problem is the light , he uses 1.25” pipe by mistake and now he said we need to chip down to reach the pipe under the shell and install a fitting to 1.5” that’s the only way to fix the light otherwise I will only have bubblers without it.

to get the bubbler installed we only need to chip 2” down and set the bubbler flush with the concrete (shell) , if I decide to use the light we will have to chip about 9” down change the use fitting to use 1.5” pipe and then fill the big hole with cement then plaster.

my question is, should I let him do it ? Idk if I want to go so deep in order to change the fitting , my shell is 6” and if we cut 9” or more down we will “out of the shell” reaching the dirt and I’m not sure what can happen since the shell was shot and it’s like one piece.

I really appreciate your comment , he want to do it but I’m not sure if I want to let him do it , I can live without the light but I’m so upset about it .

thank you in advance.

If you can live without the bubbler light then skip it. It is hardly necessary.

I hope your PB gives you a big refund for the lights and your troubles. The wrong pipe was his screw up.

Major screwup. Is this his first bubbler install? There shouldn't be 1.25" pipe anywhere on a pool build site to even use by mistake
The 1.25" is the cunduit electrical pipe for the light not the water , he's cheap and cut too many corners and only used 1.5" pipes all around the pool plumbing .
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.