Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hello All

Thanks in advance for the help. My AquaRite panel went dark this week. I am a novice on these boards but I have replaced the limiter in the past. I couldn’t find a parts diagram that shows what I think is the problem. However I am sure the experts here can confirm if this is the cause or the effect. In the attached picture it looks like the red piece (technical name) is burnt out and needs replacing.

Would appreciate if someone could point me to the part name and whether this may indicate a larger issue that needs to be resolved.

Thank you!
Brian

Attachments

• IMG_0259.jpeg
    IMG_0259.jpeg
    537.9 KB · Views: 7
See this page…

The smaller ones are V150LA2P made by Littelfuse. They are the little red discs that flank both sides of the black terminal strip on the lower left of the PCB.

Hello All

I ordered the recommended part and started to take out the panel when I found additional damage elsewhere. I found one of the connections had fried enough for the line to break and the fuse along with the surrounding area is charred.

Seems like the panel got fried pretty well. Since the damage is more extensive than I originally thought, is it worth continuing the repair or should I replace the board?

Your expertise and time is appreciated!

Brian

Attachments

• IMG_0264.jpeg
    IMG_0264.jpeg
    458.7 KB · Views: 3
I would probably try to fix it, but I would tend to recommend replacement if anyone asked.

It really depends on what you feel comfortable doing.

There is always some risk of more damage being done if you do the repair.

So, it's really your choice to take the risk or spend the money for a new board.

Reactions: Brian A
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.