Hayward AquaRite Damaged by Lightning Strike

Steveng330

Jun 1, 2020
Troy, NY
Hello, I have a Hayward AquaRite system that was damaged during a thunderstorm. Screen does not turn on, and none of the lights turn on. Using a voltage detector, I still have power running to the board, to the transformer. However, there is no voltage detected after the transformer. The transformer does get warm though. Should I try replacing the transformer before I try replacing PCB board? Or are there other diagnostics I should try first?

Are you measuring where the wires from the transformer land on the PCB? Are there rectifier bridges mounted on the metal chassis? If so check those. The low voltage power going to the PCB might be DC rather than AC.

Hello, I have a Hayward AquaRite system that was damaged during a thunderstorm. Screen does not turn on, and none of the lights turn on. Using a voltage detector, I still have power running to the board, to the transformer. However, there is no voltage detected after the transformer. The transformer does get warm though. Should I try replacing the transformer before I try replacing PCB board? Or are there other diagnostics I should try first?
Did you check the condition of the 20 Amp fuse?
Everything you need to know on how to troubleshoot your SWCG is well put together here
I can probably give you a walkthrough should you need more help. But you need to post a couple of pictures highlighting your controller board. In addition, you need to have access to a Voltmeter and you must have some SMD soldering skills. Or you can send the mainboard out for repair or get a replacement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.