Hayward aqua-rite

parisdpm

Bronze Supporter
May 26, 2013
Union City, TN
My hayward reads salt level as 4000. I've tested, and had pool store test in past 24 hours, both came out nearly the same at 2583-2600. I've tried the calibration method many times. It starts out at 4300, and never goes down past 4000. I have a new cell I put on a week ago. It shows its producing chlorine. I called Hayward today, and they said they would have a tech call. No one called back today. Any thoughts are appreciated.

The Aquarite only measures chloride.

The instant salinity is 3,600 ppm. So, I don't know why the average is 4,100.

Switch it off for a minute and then back on and recheck the readings.

When you switch it off and then back on, it reverses polarity. The polarity in both directions should be about the same.

Note that phosphates are reported in parts per billion. So, a reading of 500 ppb is only 0.5 ppm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The instant salinity is the number with the - sign in front of it. The default display (before pressing the button) is the average salinity.

Are you saying that the instant salinity is 3,600 in one polarity and 4,300 in the other polarity?

The salinity in both polarities is usually within about 100 to 200 ppm of each other.

It would be odd for the salinity reading to be 600 ppm different. The average salinity is just averaging the two. So, it should be between the two different readings.

Did you get a genuine Hayward T-15 or a generic cell?

The salinity in both polarities is usually within about 100 to 200 ppm of each other.

It would be odd for the salinity reading to be 600 ppm different. The average salinity is just averaging the two. So, it should be between the two different readings.

Did you get a genuine Hayward T-15 or a generic cell?
generic cell. I had another mother board. I put it in just now. After changing to t15, its says salt level is 4.. just 4, and instant salinity is -4.2....its on US measurements, as the temp says 76. the rest of t he numbers seem spot on.

Last edited:
The cell is working. The inconsistency is odd, but there's not much you can do about it other than a warranty replacement.

The other board reading 4 for salinity is also odd. Is the board a Hayward or generic?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.