Hayward AQR15 aqua rite salt water system

w1flushing

Jul 31, 2017
MELVILLE
I have a Hayward salt water system.

I started the system for the new season but only the No flow light turns on. None of the other lights turn on. . I tried replacing the fuse but no luck. My unit reading are as follows

35p
Al-2
R1.59
T-15

Hoping someone has had a similar situation and can help me find a solution.

Thank you!

Did you test the flow switch?

You can use an old phone plug with the wires twisted together to simulate a closed flow switch. Test only. Do not leave it like that.

Or stick a flat blade screwdriver in place of the plug to short the terminals and see if the NO FLOW goes out after a minute.

What is the input voltage?

Can you show the whole board?

Jump the thermistor with the switch off and see if the voltage goes up but don't operate the cell with the thermistor jumped.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Put a jumper across these two points and recheck the readings with the switch in the off position.

1683481461620.png
image_16395.jpg

The jumpers are set for 230 volts and the input is 115 volts.

The wires are black and red, which usually means 230 volts, so something is odd.

What breaker goes to the SWG box?

Note: Don't change the jumpers until you are sure.

Did this work previously like it is?

Hayward_Aquarite_120V_240V_Wiring.png

The Yellow wire is on the Orange terminal and the Orange wire is on the Yellow terminal, which indicates that the board was probably replaced.

You should put the wires on the correct terminals.

I suspect that the jumpers were not changed to 115 volts because the person saw the red and black input wires and assumed that the input was 230 volts.

Did the board get replaced?

Is the breaker single pole or double pole?

115 volt input is normally a black and white wire, so you need to see where the power is coming from and if it is 115 volts or 230 volts.

1683487610177.png

The Yellow wire is on the Orange terminal and the Orange wire is on the Yellow terminal, which indicates that the board was probably replaced.

You should put the wires on the correct terminals.

I suspect that the jumpers were not changed to 115 volts because the person saw the red and black input wires and assumed that the input was 230 volts.

Did the board get replaced?

Is the breaker single pole or double pole?

115 volt input is normally a black and white wire, so you need to see where the power is coming from and if it is 115 volts or 230 volts.

View attachment 489462

The board was never replaced. They system was running for 4 years prior to this issue arising.

The generating light comes on for a couple seconds when I restart the system on but goes away right after

The jumpers are set for 230 volts and the input is 115 volts.

The wires are black and red, which usually means 230 volts, so something is odd.

What breaker goes to the SWG box?

Note: Don't change the jumpers until you are sure.

Did this work previously like it is?

Hayward_Aquarite_120V_240V_Wiring.png
Nothing was changed this year and they stern worked correctly for last 4 years as is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.