Hayward 400K BTU heater

coolcats

Aug 11, 2022
Atlanta
Moved from here.
Hi ... if you get this PLEASE PLEASE help. I am stuck in a similar problem. Got a 400K BTU Hayward replacing an old one. Now spent a week talking to gas company which wants to know if I want more flow or more pressure. What type of gas meter do you have, do you know? If I end up getting the more pressure meter I WILL have to start replacing regulators, if I only get more flow I should be good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because they measure it at the heater and it shows withing specs, doesn't mean that when the heater fires, that it's getting a constant flow at the correct pressure. Is there a regulator just before the heater?
Hi I spent a week trying to determine what to do and I still am not sure. After we replaced the 350K BTU Hayward which stopped working and we did not figure out why with the 400BTU Hayward it would not run. The gas company keeps asking me if we want larger meter or more pressure. The orriginal meter could only handle 400 BTU max, logic tells me that by going to larger meter we will be fine, but the pool guy is very confused and cannot assume me what to choose 7 w.c or 2 psi. Any thoughts?

What size gas lines do you have from the gas meter to your appliances and heater? And what are the distances involved?

If you have small gas lines then a high pressure system can push more gas through but you will need a regulator before each appliance.

If you have large gas pipes then increasing the flow at the gas meter will provide more gas to the appliances.

Moved from here.
Hi ... if you get this PLEASE PLEASE help. I am stuck in a similar problem. Got a 400K BTU Hayward replacing an old one. Now spent a week talking to gas company which wants to know if I want more flow or more pressure. What type of gas meter do you have, do you know? If I end up getting the more pressure meter I WILL have to start replacing regulators, if I only get more flow I should be good to go.
What type of gas, natural or propane?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.