Hayward 2 Speed Filter Only Operating in Low Speed

Jan 15, 2019
Morgan Hill
We have a big storm coming in CA and I am out of town. We have someone staying at the house and I walked them through the process of draining the pool water from the water spigot. Unfortunately, when I turn on the filter from my app on the phone, the filter will not turn on "high speed" its stuck in "low speed" - any suggestions on troubleshooting? Would the water level being too high not allow the pump to be in high speed?

Unfortunately, when I turn on the filter from my app on the phone, the filter will not turn on "high speed" its stuck in "low speed" - any suggestions on troubleshooting?

What APP are we discussing?

I see no automation listed in your signature.

Would the water level being too high not allow the pump to be in high speed?

No.

We have a big storm coming in CA and I am out of town. We have someone staying at the house and I walked them through the process of draining the pool water from the water spigot. Unfortunately, when I turn on the filter from my app on the phone, the filter will not turn on "high speed" its stuck in "low speed" - any suggestions on troubleshooting? Would the water level being too high not allow the pump to be in high speed?
Possible cause: wire for the "high speed" has burned/come loose, either in the motor or at the relay (terminal 2 in the motor), 2-speed relay not functioning, high-speed circuit in the motor has become damaged.

Not sure what automation you have. Water level makes no difference.

Bare with me, as I am new to trying to solve equipment issues, ha!

I have a 2 speed Tristar pump and the pump will not operate/turn on when the filter runs on high speed. The filter seems to work fine on "low speed" but I am not able to run the pool sweep or pump out water without the "high speed" running. Below is a picture of the equipment.

I am using the Hayward AquaConnect app.

Attachments

• IMG_5200.jpg
    IMG_5200.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 6
1672947552476.png

1672947715849.png

Just received 25-10 cap - installed and high speed works fine now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.