Pearland, Texas
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hello !
I have not had to SLAM my 25k gals inground pool for 5 years.
I have used the Stenner pump chlorine injection system.
CC < 0.5 ppm more like 0.2 ppm
I keep the CYA between 30 and 55 PPM. FC is controlled between 5 to 9 ppm
Water is crystal clear and never had algae.
The pool has not been used very much.
Is there a reason why I would SLAM even if it is not required based on CC < 0.5 ppm?
Thanks,
Puertex

No. The CC is not a definitive measure. And yours is within normal parameters.

Good job on maintaining your water chemistry.

I have not had to SLAM my 25k gals inground pool for 5 years.
P,

In theory you should only have to SLAM once, and then you are done.

In my case, I have never SLAMed. My three pools all started with new water and have been TFP pools for a "total" of over 25 years.

If you keep your FC and CYA in the proper relationship, you should be good to go forever.

Thanks,

Jim R.

P,

In theory you should only have to SLAM once, and then you are done.

In my case, I have never SLAMed. My three pools all started with new water and have been TFP pools for a "total" of over 25 years.

If you keep your FC and CYA in the proper relationship, you should be good to go forever.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hello Jim,
On a TFP pool (chlorine injection), since the water does not need dumping due to high CYA, what happens with the residual chlorine salts accumulation over time?
Any issues with that?
Thanks,
Puertex

No one said dumping we're talking "slam" since chemistry is up to snuff. As far as salinity if and when it reaches too high due to a SWCG issue I guess then there would need water replacement but splash out, backwash and heavy rains help reduce it too. When the op knows a monsoon is around the corner they'll take advantage and drain beforehand.

No one said dumping we're talking "slam" since chemistry is up to snuff. As far as salinity if and when it reaches too high due to a SWCG issue I guess then there would need water replacement but splash out, backwash and heavy rains help reduce it too. When the op knows a monsoon is around the corner they'll take advantage and drain beforehand.
Sorry for the late response...Thank you for very good tips !
Puertex

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.