Have No Clue What We Are Doing....

Thanks again all :) Yes, if we decide to keep the pool next year, we WILL invest in the better test kit. We just bought a home, and are on a budget, so when my doctor suggested I get a pool to help my back and legs and I ordered it we didn't even think about water chemicals and tests. It didn't even cross our mind. UGH

We have it up and I have been in it once. Those ladders are awful scary and difficult to manage so getting in and out isn't so fun. lol

I still have not mastered the pool calculator my boyfriend even checked it out and we can put our inputs in but we don't really understand all the other stuff. I just took some tests, and will try the pool calculator again tonight. HAPPY THOUGHTS lol We put 1.5 pounds of stabilizer in with a sock yesterday, and my boyfriend didn't know I was doing it and added half a gallon of 10 percent chlorine. Did we mess anything up by that?? So far the water is clear. Its only been about 3 days though.

According to the Pool Calculator, your pool holds 5300 gallons.

1 and 1/2 pounds of Stabilizer is exactly right for now. GOOD JOB! :goodjob:

For a pool that size, 1/2 gallon (64 oz) of 10% chlorine will take your FC level from 0 to 10. As you have CYA (stabilizer) in the water it will last several days.

Note: That's more chlorine than necessary for daily maintenance, unless you are having algae issues or the like.

For daily use, it's likely that 2 to 2 1/2 cups of the 10% chlorine will be sufficient, and you probably won't need to add any for the next 2 days or so, because of your boyfriend's 1/2 gallon!

Again, you asked the correct questions. It shows that you are absorbing the info!! :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.