Have just used Ahhsome, when should I drain and refill

ryadre

Sep 8, 2019
New Zealand
Have just used Ahhsome, and having been wiping away the gunk.
I have a test kit coming but it won't be here for another few days. Should I drain the tub and leave empty for a few days until I get my kit, or should I refill tomorrow when I have time and just put in my dose of dichlor to get the cya up, and then when my kit arrives I can start balancing everything up? I only have test strips at the moment so I could make a start roughly until kit arrives. We won't be using the pool until I have it sorted with test kit.

I think you can put in water and add a bit of dichlor. Go easy on the amount. You can always add more once you get your test kit and see the actual levels.

What I do is empty the tub of the Ahh-some water and refill. Using PoolMath, let it calculate how much liquid chlorine you want to use to decontaminate your tub. I personally went with 50ppm for an hour then drained again, others say that's too much FC.

Even if I'm not using my hot tub (say over summer) I keep water in it so that the gaskets all remain soft. Nothing worse than dried out gaskets which encourage gasket leaks and failures. (Same with a dishwasher, you're supposed to run it now and then just to keep the gaskets soft even if not using it routinely)

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: matgor
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.