Have just used Ahhsome, when should I drain and refill

ryadre

Sep 8, 2019
New Zealand
Have just used Ahhsome, and having been wiping away the gunk.
I have a test kit coming but it won't be here for another few days. Should I drain the tub and leave empty for a few days until I get my kit, or should I refill tomorrow when I have time and just put in my dose of dichlor to get the cya up, and then when my kit arrives I can start balancing everything up? I only have test strips at the moment so I could make a start roughly until kit arrives. We won't be using the pool until I have it sorted with test kit.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
I think you can put in water and add a bit of dichlor. Go easy on the amount. You can always add more once you get your test kit and see the actual levels.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
What I do is empty the tub of the Ahh-some water and refill. Using PoolMath, let it calculate how much liquid chlorine you want to use to decontaminate your tub. I personally went with 50ppm for an hour then drained again, others say that's too much FC.

Even if I'm not using my hot tub (say over summer) I keep water in it so that the gaskets all remain soft. Nothing worse than dried out gaskets which encourage gasket leaks and failures. (Same with a dishwasher, you're supposed to run it now and then just to keep the gaskets soft even if not using it routinely)

Maddie :flower:

ryadre

Sep 8, 2019
New Zealand
I left the water over night, then run it again this morning with some more Ahhsome. There is no more slime, so I will drain it now and wipe down. Then refill and add a bit of dichlor like the sticky Post says