Have had a pool for a bit more than a decade - slowly replacing 25+ year old equipment

mitWtim

Jul 27, 2023
Markham, Ontario, Canada
I really thought I had a login already, but if I did I seem to have lost it. So I'm creating an account now. Love this site! It taught me a lot when we first into our house with a pool in 2010 as I didn't grow up with one, but my wife did. First and foremost it taught me how to make sure our very blonde kids don't end up with green hair. That's something we've avoided in our pool from day one, thanks to this site and something that I was able to stop happening when our kids went into relatives pools when I passed on some tips that I learned here. I live in Markham, Ontario, Canada. Have a roughly 16x35 80,000L in-ground pool. Have been replacing equipment as it fails, the most recent being our original Raypak 255 WG-N heater which failed a few weeks ago. From the point we moved in the thermostat didn't work, so we used it as a manual on/off switch. Current equipment: Raypak Avia 264 heater (2023) model P-R264A-EN-C., Hayward Sand Filter (2019), 1.0 HP Jacuzzi Magnum 1000 Pump with a Century 186085 single speed motor that is wired 115VAC, if I'm reading the date code in the serial number correctly it is from 1996 and lastly an inline chlorinator SaniKing Perform-Max Pool Sanitizer. That's the low down on what we're currently using.

Last edited: